Deadline: April 26, 2012
Every photograph tells a story. When part of a body of work, the photograph takes on a new meaning, becoming part of a bigger and more complete narrative. A portfolio allows the photographer to explore the complexities of their subject, and provide context that gives it richness and meaning that is more than the sum of its parts. The Kiernan Gallery is pleased to announce its first annual portfolio showcase.
This exhibition is a great opportunity for photographers to present an entire body of work for review. I especially encourage students who have completed or are currently working on their thesis to apply. The submission fee is $75 ($5 per image for 15 images). Details are as follows:
- Artists should submit a body of 10-15 images, an artist statement, and a link to your website (if applicable).
- Artists must be prepared to ship or deliver their printed and framed work to the gallery if selected.
- The artist statements and submitted work of all eight selected artists will be reproduced in an exhibition catalogue available for purchase.
- All exhibiting artists will be featured on The Kiernan Gallery’s blog and website.
- Electronic show cards will also be made for each artist.
- To submit to the portfolio showcase, visit: www.kiernangallery.com
- There will be an opening reception for each so. Artists are encouraged, but not required
For over twenty years Dan Estabrook has been making contemporary art using a variety of 19th-century photographic techniques. Dan has exhibited widely and has received several awards, including an Artist's Fellowship from the National Endowment of the Arts in 1994. He is also the subject of a recent documentary by Anthropy Arts. He is represented by the Catherine Edelman Gallery in Chicago, Daniel Cooney Fine Art in New York and Jackson Fine Arts in Atlanta. He lives and works in Brooklyn, New York.
The Kiernan Gallery is directed by AIB BFA 2011 Photography Kat Kiernan! Details and more calls for entries at www.kiernangallery.com