The Denali Home Collection is a division of Monterey Mills. The collection was launched in 1998 in exclusive boutiques and furniture stores. Our throws are recognized as distinctive gift items due to their plush feel and large size. Denali offers Rustic, Western, Home Decor, Natical lines and is now introducing an Americana line. Winning designers could see their throws become part of this new and exclusive collection.
The Design Concept:
Students create "Americana" themed print designs for a Home Furnishing line of throws. The top designers win large cash prizes (listed below) and the winning print designs will be featured in future DENALI HOME COLLECTIONS.
Can you design a print for a home furnishing throw? The DENALI HOME COLLECTION offers the Rustic, Western, Home Décor and Nautical Collections and will be introducing an Americana line. Students may develop as many prints as desired. Each print must have a maximum of 4 colors.
Students entries must have an "Americana" theme for 2012.
A total of $3,500 in cash prizes will be awarded to winning students. The entries will be judged by Denali/Monterey’s Management and Executive teams. The awards will be:
- (1) Grand Prize: $1,000
- (3) 2nd Place Awards: $500 each
- (5) 3rd Place Awards: $200 each
- (?) Honorable Mentions: We have the option of granting any number of Honorable Mentions and awarding prizes for them.
Home Furnishings – Soft Goods
Knitted, High-pile Fabric
Pattern & Print Design
Eligible Students & College Programs:
Any college student enrolled in a 2012 Fall Semester of any textiles, fashion, interior design, graphic design, or any related program in the United States and who will be at least 18 years of age at the time of entry.
- A completed entry/release form.
- An 8 1/2” X 11” hand drawn board, jpeg file, or Adobe Illustrator digital file. Any other files must be printed and displayed on an 8” X 11” board.
- Any student of an eligible program may participate in the competition.
- Winners will be judged on originality of print, creativity, layout of print on 60” x 70” throw and Monterey Mills ability to market the design to its current and future customer bases.
- All entries must be submitted by and represent the original work of a student enrolled in a college fashion or graphics program for the Fall Semester 2012.
- All original artwork must be professionally presented.
- All Students must work within specific deadlines, criteria and entry requirements established by Monterey Mills.
- Entry constitutes permission to use winners’ names and photographs of the design entries for press, web exposure and marketing on behalf of Monterey Mills.
- Prizes are non-transferable.
- All decisions made by judges are final and may not be disputed.
- Incomplete entries will be disqualified.
- All entries will not be returned, but will be showcased at Monterey Mills headquarters. For return requests please contact Lisa Pasternak – firstname.lastname@example.org
- September, 2012: Fall semesters begin. Colleges receiving scholarship donations provide students the competition assignment and send a copy to email@example.com.
- November 1, 2012: All entries must be postmarked by this date to be eligible.
- December, 2012: At least nine winners will be chosen and contacted by phone or e-mail.
Students must submit a Registration, Assignment and Release Form for each Entry.
More info at http://www.designathrow.com/Competition.aspx